My Blog List

Cupcake Frosting

After the party invitations were sent out for my son’s birthday, I was faced with the planning of the party menu.  I knew I was going to make cupcakes I just wasn’t sure about the cupcake frosting. I love cake and cupcakes and so does my son. I do not love frosting.  I haven’t ever been satisfied with store bought.  It’s either too sweet or almost bitter tasting.   So this year for my son’s birthday I vowed I was going to find the perfect frosting to use on his cupcakes.  Low and behold, I did.  My friend Donna was taking a cake decorating class and passed on this delicious recipe.
I am not a baker by any means.  In fact, baking intimidates me a little.  So when she told me I had to use shortening in my frosting I was a little disturbed.  I didn’t know that shortening was a common ingredient in frosting.  But, I promise, you will not be disappointed.  It really is delicious.  I fed it to my guests at my son’s party and it was a hit. So a big thank you to you Donna for sharing this wonderful frosting recipe with me.  Now I will share it with you.  Enjoy.

½ C Vegetable Shortening cupcake_candles.jpg 
½ C Butter
3-4 Tablespoons Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Beat these together for just a bit until mixed in

¾ C Cocoa Powder
4 C Powdered Sugar
* Mix all together with mixer, you might need to add more milk to make it thinner

I just used a kitchen aid stand mixer and added milk as I went.  I actually didn’t add the cocoa powder and just went with the vanilla cream flavor.  I hope you find it as delicious as I did!  Try it the next time you make cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3