My Blog List

Tribute to Bhupen Hazarika!

Mumbai, Jan. 30 -- Vickey Goswami and three of Bollywood's prominent singers, Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan, Kailash Kher have come together to pay a musical tribute to late Bhupen Hazarika. The veteran singer, composer and film director passed away in November last year due to an organ failure at Andheri's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital. Says Viccckey, "When I began thinking of writing this song, I knew it had to be on a high note. What better way to start composing a song on this great man, who influenced millions. Moreover, when I met him and found him unwell, I was convinced to have this tribute." The eponymous song has been has been composed, produced and sung by Vicckey, who hails from Hazrika's home state, Assam. Says Vicckey, "I was a close friend of Hazrika. I have witnessed many of his rehearsals at home. He was the one who inspired me to take up music and dedicate my life to it." Though Vicckey has sung most of the song, Mahadevan, Kher and Shaan have contributed substantially in it. Adds Vicckey, "Shaan, Shankar, Kailash and me are friends and have worked together in the past. I knew they were absolutely perfect to contribute to this effort." The seven-minute and 20 seconds long track is in four languages. Shankar and Kailash have sung in Hindi, Shaan in Bengali while Vicckey has crooned in English and Assamese. Vicckey had formerly worked as a music director on the Salman Khan film, Tere Naam (2003). He is currently working on an independent English album, which is scheduled to release soon. "The album is topical, lyrically as well as romantically. This style is a new genre and I am coining it as 'folk-funk'."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3