My Blog List

Click to learn more... Mallika to rock with Jalebi Bai at New Year's!

mallikajalebi.jpg

Rs 4.50 lakh per minute… That’s reportedly how much Mallika Sherawat is being paid for a one-hour performance at Hotel Tulip Star on New Year’s Eve. Quiz the actor on whether the numbers are right and she laughs, “May be... May be not... May be more… Not bad huh?”

She’s finds nothing wrong with making a fast buck. “I have to take care of myself,” she argues.

“But this isn’t for the money alone. It humbles me to know that my fans take time out to bring in the New Year with me, that’s why it’s become a routine to celebrate it back home in India with those who made me who I am today.”

She’s been on the charts this year with popular item numbers like Shalu Ke Thumke (Bin Bulaye Barati), Razia (Thank You), Kalasala (Oste, Tamil Dabangg) and Jalebi Bai (Double Dhamaal).

Mallika is delighted that Jalebi Bai is emerging as a strong favourite on year-end playlists. It’s on her Friday evening menu too, along with Guru’s Maiya Maiya, Murder’s Bheege Hoth Tere and the viral hit, Kolavari Di. “It’s heartening that fans wait all year to see me to perform. New Year is a time to spread happiness around and I like to party with my fans,” she smiles.

On December 31, 2006, Mallika had brought in the New Year at Hotel JW Marriot in a body-hugging, skin-coloured cat suit, studded with diamonds to form a bikini set. Soon after, she was slapped with an obscenity suit for dressing up and dancing in a manner unbecoming to Indian culture and women by social activist Vinod Jain.

Earlier this year, the Sessions Court dismissed it on the grounds that it was a classic case of morality issues. Mallika had said on Twitter: “Let me tell you, no girl would plunge nude in front of a crowd. If they could not see my skin- coloured dress, then it’s their mistake for they always love to see through the dress.”

Remind her about it and she quips, “I have nothing to say, the case has been squashed. Period. Now it’s the time to party!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3