My Blog List

Former Russian Playboy cover girl becomes MP

The 27 year old former actress and model Maria Kozhevnikova, who once appeared on the cover of Russian edition of Playboy has been elected as one of the MPs of Vladimir Putin’s United Russia Party.
After she was confirmed as the MP from Tomsk, Siberia, the former Playboy cover girl said, “For me this is an absolutely big event in my life. I’m just an ordinary citizen. With the problems I face every day, now I’ll be provided a platform where I can speak…and offer solutions”.
She posed almost nude for the magazine cover and seven other pages of the magazine two years ago after she broke up with her boyfriend. Her debut invited readers to “meet Maria and know her better”, and in fact with the help of the seven pages within the magazine, people did.
Later she was made a member of the Putin’s political party’s Young Guard and now she is a Member of Parliament. She also defended him earlier this month regarding amid protests over a disputed parliamentary election,
She said,“I’ve seen Putin close up several times and I want to say that this man has very strong vibes.I’ve watched how people have changed when they got close to Putin, not because they are afraid, but because they feel a calm and strong confidence. Because of this, the West is afraid of him and that is understandable.’
OPINION: This shows the broad mindedness of the country, this type of thing cannot happen in India at least for the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3