My Blog List

Let's experience something else elsewhere

As you already know, I am becoming very selective when it comes to publish articles about all the press releases I receive on my inbox. However some drive my attention (probably 5% to be honest) and recently I came across a great story.
Meet Barry Frangipane who decided to pack his bag from the USA and decided to live in Venice (Italy) for 18 months while keeping his job as a software engineer. Barry tells his story about how valuable and relatively easy it was for him to "telecommute" himself from his home country to Venice and maintaining his same job.
His book is called The Venice Experiment and you can grab what it's all about on this quick video.
This sort of experience where everything is possible is also very much inside the book 4 hour work week by Tim Ferris that I highly recommend to read.
Have you ever thought about discussing with your boss about your desire to remote yourself? I am guessing this is not possible for all positions. Clearly a customer facing function is not really ideal, neither a human resources management role.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words. Where is the link to the video?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3