My Blog List

10) Any Question(s) you’d expected me to ask that you would like to answer?

Apart from travel and blogging, our current passions (or, rather, preoccupations) are learning Spanish (for Linda) and playing chess (for Craig). We’re slowly getting better at both.
Our newest online project is MatadorU review, which looks at the MatadorU writing and photography courses. We’re also working on the final manuscript for a free ebook on how to travel the world like us, and brainstorming another called the Art of Couples’ Travel to complement Stephanie Lee’s Art of Solo Travel.

Craig and Linda on the Line of Capricorn, near Antofagasta, Chile

My Take

Thank You Craig and Linda. It was great fun meeting you recently and taking you for a ride along the Dutch river Vecht where the well to do traders of our Golden Age (17nd Century) used to have their country houses, and for a bite at a “Beach Club” at a lake (Loosdrechtse Plassen) where I took your portrait:-)
{ 6 comments }

A great way to meet Travel Bloggers

September 14, 2010 · 2 comments
in Travel Blogs

I regret having missed TBEX’10, the gathering of the travel bloggers in New York City this summer, just as I had missed TBEX09.
In he past, in my own way, I’ve developed several initiatives here to cause travel bloggers to communicate with each other directly. I have booked some progress, but when TBEX was set up in 2008 by Kim Mance (TBEX | Kim Mance and @Kim Mance) and Maren Hogan (TBEX | Maren Hogan and @Maren Hogan), they offered the Travel Bloggers a platform to form a community that worked and and communications between travel bloggers have thrived ever since, especially after they had very quickly put together a venue in Chicago (TBEX’09).
This video of Nancy D. Brown is a great way to meet some of those travel bloggers. Inclusive Nancy herself the video features 4 Travel bloggers that I have interviewed here in my 10 Questions For series of interviews. Do you recognize the other 3?
BTW You can find me over there as TBEX | Guido J. van den Elshout (aka Happy Hotelier). I’ve signed up for TBEX Europe and for TBEX’11
{ 2 comments }

Short Stays – 3 Nice videos for Hotel Promotion

September 13, 2010 · 0 comments
in Hotels,Inspiration,Marketing

Short Stays (Trailer) from Short Stays on Vimeo.
I came across Juliana Loh’s site JulianaLoh.com and found the link to these 3 poetic short stay films, used to draw attention to Chinese hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3