My Blog List

Karan Johar considers taking Agneepath down south!

agneepathnewposter.jpg
By Hindustan Times
Several top producers from the south have approached filmmaker Karan Johar to acquire the remake rights of Agneepath, which he recently remade with Hrithik Roshan. Within two weeks of its release, the Karan Malhotra film has made Rs 106.3 crore (net figure as of Sunday night) in India alone.
Without taking any names, Johar admits he’s considering the offers. “I’m not so concerned about the money, but the film is close to my heart and I don’t want to hand over the remake rights to a producer who can’t do justice to the subject,” says Johar, adding, “If I find someone as passionate about Agneepath as I am, and the deal works out financially too, I’ll pass on the rights. Otherwise, I’m cool with both my Agneepaths. Twenty-two years later, I’ve made my father (late producer Yash Johar) proud. And that’s what really matters.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3