My Blog List

I want the world to notice Indian artistes: Priyanka Chopra

priyankachopra7.jpg


British-Indian singer-lyricist Jay Sean who was in the city recently, has admitted that Priyanka Chopra, whom he met five years ago in Hyderabad, is a good friend and they spent time together when the actor was in Los Angeles recently to record for her English album.

Jay has written three songs for Priyanka’s international debut album that should be launched worldwide next year.

Jay has a number of concerts lined up for this month. Will Priyanka, who’s now turned singer, join him on stage?

“That’s unlikely but I’d like to be in the audience at one of his concerts if my schedule permits. I’m juggling with three big films Agneepath, Barfee and Krrish 3 and the Don 2 promotions. Time is short. My team keeps flying down from Los Angeles to Mumbai, where I’m shooting to work with me on the album,” she points out.

Priyanka, who describes herself as a Risk Taker always open to something new, hopes that the album will help other Indian artistes break into the international scene.

“I don’t know how good a singer I am, that I’ll leave to people to judge, but there are many others who’re really talented. I want the world to sit up and take notice of India and Indian artistes,” she asserts.

Meanwhile, Priyanka’s cousin, Parineeti Chopra, has just been launched by the Yashraj banner in the con-com Ladies vs Ricky Bahl.

“She’s amazing, talent runs in the family!” raves Priyanka. “Parineeti is the Other Chopra now.” Will she do a film with the Other Chopra?

“Of course, why not?” she retorts.

She’s been busy with Rakesh Roshan’s Krrish 3. While Vivek Oberoi and Kangna Ranaut are the new entrants to the franchise as the antagonist and Superwoman, Priyanka returns from Krrish (2006) as Priya Mehra, Krishna/ Krrish’s wife.

“Since we’re taking the same character forward, Priya is pretty much the same girl,” she points out.

“So don’t expect me to suddenly turn into a murderous bride from Kill Bill (2003, 2004). That’s not Priya and that’s not Priyanka, at least not in this film.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All time Popular Posts





Dg3